Monday, May 30, 2011

OpenDJ: Replication Setup Error Message

Today, I hit into some issues with OpenOSSO multi-servers setup. I am suspecting there's something not correct with the OpenDS configuration in a multi-servers deployment. Nothing concrete yet, am still investingating.

In order to provide some facts, I think setting 2 instances of OpenDJ in MMR mode would be good. At least, I have something to compare with.



So, the installation of OpenDJ was a breeze. (Do I re-broadcast so many times on this fact? :>)


Setting up replication is not hard if you have the following command line as a template. (No GUI yet to set up replication.)

[opendj@think bin]$ ./dsreplication enable --host1 think.sg.forgerock --port1 8888 --bindDN1 "cn=directory manager" --bindPassword1 password --replicationPort1 8989 --host2 think.sg.forgerock --port2 7888 --bindDN2 "cn=directory manager" --bindPassword2 password --replicationPort2 8989 --adminUID admin --adminPassword password --baseDN "dc=sg,dc=forgerock" -X -n


Establishing connections ..... Done.


You have provided the same replication port (8989) for two servers located on the same machine (think.sg.forgerock).


So, am I done or not done? Initially, I thought I'm done. But ... actually, it's not done.

Wouldn't the following be better?

ERROR: You have provided the same replication port (8989) for two servers located on the same machine (think.sg.forgerock).


.

No comments:

Post a Comment