Monday, November 9, 2009

Sun vs Microsoft - Messaging Solution


I do not know why customers always like to compare with Microsoft Exchange when they are evaluating Sun Java Messaging Server. I think it has become a norm these days.

From my experience, those looking for a Microsoft solution will never go for a Sun solution. Their selection criteria are almost different. Their user base is also drastically far-apart.

Maybe they only want to get a "shiok" feeling that what they are buying is value-for-$.


Anyway, I was reading Sun Java Communications Suite Total Cost of Ownership, 2005 from The Radicati Group, Inc.

Source here.




Have you notice the figures for "Average # of Servers" and "Average Maximum Users/Server"?

Amazing! I wonder how do Microsoft Exchange 2007 and 2010 fare? Should be better by now.




Legend: FT = Full-time; PT = Part-time


No comments:

Post a Comment