Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Symantec Registration Server is down - Cannot imagine!

I was trying to install an evaluation copy of Symantec BrightMail Message Filter. The final step to get it run for 30-days trial was to register the eval-copy.


[root@mail bin]# /opt/symantec/sbas/Scanner/sbin/register.sh
Please enter the path to a valid license file: /tmp/13311525.slf
Connecting to Brightmail. This may take a few minutes.
Unable to communicate with Symantec to register. Please check your connection settings, and try again.

Registration Server returned: 503 Service Unavailable

I blogged and found out that the Registration Server URL is register.brightmail.com. So I thought maybe my machine could not resolve the FQDN.

[root@mail bin]# nslookup
> register.brightmail.com
Server: 192.168.0.54
Address: 192.168.0.54#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: register.brightmail.com
Address: 216.250.24.63
Name: register.brightmail.com
Address: 143.127.103.14
> exit
Hmm... it was able to resolve.

I could not believe this is happening. So I double-check using my browser.






1 comment: